This website is supported by Hearing International, Nigeria (HING), a registered non-governmental organisation which seeks to promote best practices in hearing healthcare in Nigeria and other developing countries. The organisation is presently affiliated to Alexander Graham Bell Association for the Deaf and Hard-of-Hearing, USA. Since its formal inauguration in 1999 by Professor Peter Alberti, past Secretary-General of International Federation of Otorhinolaryngological Societies (IFOS), HING has carried out various activities related to hearing healthcare in Nigeria which include:
- Organisation of the first International Workshop on Occupational Noise and Seminar on Audiological Medicine in collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Health and technical support from the University College London.
- Organisation of Noise Awareness Day in collaboration with the Federal Ministry of Environment.
- Research grants and donation of equipments for small studies and pilot projects.
- Donation of high quality hearing aids to indigent children with profound hearing loss.
- Co-sponsorship of the first-ever pilot programmes on universal newborn hearing screening in Nigeria offered to parents at no cost.
The organisation is privately funded and currently headed by the National Coordinator, Dr. Bola Olusanya. A board of trustees comprising accomplished corporate executives and parents of hearing-impaired children maintains an oversight on its operations.
The contact form is currently down. Please send comments to firstname.lastname@example.org